Started in 1969 with a vision to redefine architecture and planning in India, CPKA is one of the most revered architectural firms in the country. A multidisciplinary Architectural firm based in New Delhi, India, we have a portfolio of 1000+ projects, 200 + employees and have worked with clients from more than 30 countries in last 50 years of practice. Our firm is ranked amongst the Top 100 architecture firms in the world and Top 5 in Asia.
Our integrated practice undertakes consultancy in Master Planning, Architecture Urban Design, Structural and Civil Engineering, Electrical, Plumbing and Sanitary Engineering, Air-conditioning and FDV System, Fire Fighting System, Quantity Surveying and Estimating, and Project Management. Our unique multi-disciplinary approach is the reason for creation of some of the most iconic buildings across the globe in addition to our commitment to design excellence by imbibing innovation and sustainability in our works. Our firm, from the very beginning has ensured the inclusion of vernacular and sustainable architecture and associated design practices in our projects. Our multi-faceted family includes some of the best industrial architects, housing architects, institutional architects, structural engineers etc.
We have been receiving global awards and recognition across major design platforms such as the BUILD Review’s 2018 Architecture Innovation Awards, wherein we have been recognized as the ‘Most Innovative Indian Architectural Design Firm for the year 2018’, amongst other numerous awards. Our firm has been constantly been ranked among the top 100 architectural firms in the world, featuring yet again in 2020.
Ar. C.P. Kukreja were a legendary Architect. He made significant contributions to the field of Architecture in the last five decades not just in India but also at the global level. What started as his modest two man firm has, today, become not only one of India’s largest architectural practice with 200 professionals but has also been recognized amongst the top 100 Architecture firms in the world, thereby raising the profile of Indian Architecture internationally.
He travelled to far shores to receive the best experience in architectural education. He received his scholarship to attend the prestigious Melbourne University for his Town & Regional Planning degree. He also received scholarship to obtain his Master’s Degree in Architecture from University of Manitoba, Canada.
In a deep urge to propagate the virtues of environmentally sensitive principles of design, he penned down many of his philosophies in his book “Tropical Architecture” (published in 1978 by Tata McGraw-Hill) which is a much celebrated book on “Environmental Architecture” and is a popular reference book in the libraries of prestigious institutions like Harvard University and MIT. Altogether, a completely new revolution was started by him in the field of Post-Independence Indian Architecture which prioritized concepts like Sustainability, Energy Efficient Design, Renewal of Natural Resources, Responding to Natural Context and Blending Tradition with Modernity which made his projects contextually relevant. The testimony of the same is held in some of his prestigious works like the Jawaharlal Nehru University (New Delhi), IIM (Lucknow), Sikkim Legislative Assembly, Pathways World School (Gurugram) etc.
He put in a pioneering effort of establishing the first Indian Architectural Magazine called Architecture + Design (A+D) in 1984 followed by an interior design magazine titled, Indian Design & Interiors. To spread his message strongly, beyond his homeland, he even delivered speeches and lectures abroad in various institutions such as Harvard which he believed could make a serious impact on architectural thinking and theorization. He was the Founding Governing Body Member of the Sushant School of Art & Architecture.
C.P. Kukreja also contributed immensely in the post-earthquake reconstruction work of Gujarat. He has also been the highest contributor, recognized by the Indian Institute of Architects, for his financial contribution to the Tsunami victims. His immense philanthropic efforts include active contribution in various disaster relief campaigns and organ donation drives. He has been a founding member of the Manav Chetna Kendra which has been instrumental in spreading the words of Swami Paramananda. For his immense contribution to the Indian Society, he had been felicitated by the Former President of India, Shri. K.R. Narayanan for his life time contribution in Architecture and Environment Awareness.
Dikshu C. Kukreja received his B.Arch Honours as Gold Medalist from School of Planning & Architecture. He attended the prestigious Taliesin Fellowship at Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture, USA and received his Masters of Architecture & Urban Design from Harvard University. He was elected the founding Vice President of Asia GSD, which grew to become one of the largest student organizations at Harvard University. He has worked in India, France and USA and has lectured and taught at institutions both in India and abroad.
He has been Guest Writer for The Times of India and Hindustan Times newspapers on Urban Issues and featured by CNBC TV on the programme ‘Young Turks’. He was selected as Cultural Ambassador by Govt. of Finland. He is Member, Governing Body, Sushant School of Art & Architecture.
His firm C.P. Kukreja Architects (CPKA) is a premier architectural and engineering organisation based in Delhi. CPKA is ranked amongst the top 100 architecture firms in the world and top 5 in Asia. CPKA has achieved the unique distinction of being the first design firm in India to have acquired a US-based design practice, specializing in sustainability.
His firm has designed many greenfield as well as heritage/conservation buildings which including Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi; International Buddhist Centre (Rumtek Monastery), New Delhi; Sikkim Legislative Assembly, Gangtok; Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida; a 100 storey tower (tallest building in India), India International Convention Exhibition Centre, Delhi with the world’s 3rd largest Convention Centre of 10000 capacity for hosting G-20 summit. Extension Complex to Secretariat of Madhya Pradesh etc. He has been selected as the ‘Young Icon of the Decade’, ‘Best Citizen of India’ and most recently as the ‘Face of 21st Century Architecture in India’, and recently featured in ‘Who’s Who of Asia’.
Mr. Kukreja holds tremendous interest in International Relations. He has travelled extensively across the world understanding and appreciating the nuances of people and nations. While qualified as an Architect he has taken courses at Harvard University at the School of Business and Kennedy School of Government. He is actively involved with the various Foreign Missions in India representing countries from all continents. He has had business relations with various countries including US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Finland, Denmark, Russia, China, Japan, S. Korea, Australia, South East Countries, Middle East, Africa, South Asia, and Brazil.
Contribution to Institutions
- Elected Founding Vice President of Asia GSD in 1994, which grew to become one of the largest student organizations at Harvard University with the objective of promoting Asian & Indian presence.
- Elected as the youngest President of Harvard Club of India and the first architect to achieve this distinction.
- Member, Governing Body, Sushant School of Art & Architecture
Conferences & Academic Lectures
- Lectured at Institutions across the world in Asia, Europe, Africa and North America including institutions such as Harvard University, USA.
B.Arch Honours as Gold Medallist from School of Planning & Architecture in 1992
Taliesin Fellowship at Frank Lloyd Wright School of Architecture, USA in 1993
Masters of Architecture & Urban Design from Harvard University in 1995
Memberships in Professional Associations
Fellow, Institute of Urban Designers, India
Associate Indian Institute of Architects
Member Council of Architecture
Member, American Society for Regional Planning, USA
Selected as Cultural Ambassador by Govt. of Finland
Co-chairman, Real Estate Committee, Indo American Chamber of Commerce.
Member Confederation of Indian Industries.
After graduating from National Institute of Technology, Durgapur in Civil Engineering in 1965 with First class Honours, Mr. S.K. Nandi went to U.K. to pursue his higher studies on a research scholarship. He completed his Masters in Degree in Civil Engineering from Leeds University and after interning with leading construction and consulting firms in U.K., earned his Corporate and Chartered membership from the Royal Institution of Structural Engineering, London and Engineering Council, U.K.
Gaining valuable professional experience for 6 years with leading British Construction and Consultancy firms, Mr. Nandi returned to India in 1973 to join Mr. C.P. Kukreja, an upcoming Architect at the time, as a Senior Structural Engineer to establish a successful multi-disciplinary architectural and engineering consultancy organization.
Mr. Nandi has been associated with C.P. Kukreja Architects for the last four decades as a President Engineering responsible for its growth as a major multi-discipline consultancy firm in India, particularly in the Northern India. His contribution has been significant in the field of civil and structural engineering and particularly in design of high-rise structures, complex Industrial Projects, use of new and latest building materials in construction and innovative use of curtain and structural glazing in buildings. Mr. Nandi is also well known for his innovative approach to construction and project management of major projects.
With a career spanning four decades, Mr. Nandi has taken upon himself to act as a mentor and guide the younger engineers of today.
• ‘Lifetime Contribution in Architecture and Environmental Awareness’ by Foundation for Architectural & Environmental Awareness felicitated by Former President of India Shri K.R. Narayanan
• Building Industry Leadership Award 2008
• Title ‘Titanic Genius Award’ 2007
• Society Interiors Honors – Lifetime Dedication Honor 2015
• Felicitated by Foundation for Architectural & Environmental Awareness for Lifetime Contribution in promoting Architectural Academics & Journalism
• ‘Best Personalities of India Award – Icons & Reflections of Architecture’ by Hettich
• ‘Life Time Achievement Award’ for contribution to Architecture of India awarded by Union Urban Development Minister Mr. Kamal Nath in 2011
• ‘Baburao Mhatre Gold Medal’ by Indian Institute of Architects, December 2012
Dikshu C. Kukreja:
• Bharat Shiromani Award 2018-19 for "Excellence in Architecture"felicitated by Lord Swraj Paul in presence of Ambassadors of Iceland and Slovenia
• Awarded for Excellence in the Field of Architecture by Dr. Manmohan Singh, Former Prime Minister of India in Jan 2015
• ‘Best Citizen of India’ by International Publishing House, 2010
• Business & Community Award - ‘Quality Excellence for Outstanding Achievement in Sustainable Development’ by All India Business & Community Foundation, 2014
• Felicitated as ‘Young and Most Sought After Architect in India’ by Union Urban Development Minister in 2011
• ‘Outstanding Contribution in Architecture’ by Society Interiors Honours 2015, Delhi
• Bharat Seva Ratan Gold Medal Award by Global Economic Progress & Research Association (GEPRA), Tamil Nadu, 2016
• ‘Young Icon of the Decade’
• ‘Face of 21st Century Architecture’
• Amongst ‘101 notable personalities amongst professionals from across Asia Pacific’ by World of Business Magazine
• Featured ‘Who’s Who Asia’, 2015
• Indian Achievers Award 2010 for ‘Recognising Outstanding Achievement in Business Excellence & Quality Achievements’ at 24th Indian Achievers Summit
• Infra & Realty Sutra Award 2014 - for best Designed Residential Skyscraper
• 12th CW Architect & Builder (CWAB) Awards 2017 – ‘11 top Architects’
• ‘Outstanding Concrete Structure of Western Uttar Pradesh, 2013 – Gautam Buddha University’ by Indian Concrete Institute, Western Uttar Pradesh Centre
C.P. Kukreja Architects
• Top 100 Global Architects, 2019 by BD Online UK
• Amongst Top 5 Architects in Asia, 2019 by BD Online UK
• “Most Outstanding Urban Design Firm 2019- India” by Global Business Insight Awards 2019
• Gautam Buddha University- winner in the Institutional Category (Built), 2019 by Rethinking the Future 2018
• ‘Outstanding Concrete Structure 2019, Uttar Pradesh’ for Human Resources Development Centre by Indian Concrete Institute, Uttar Pradesh Centre, Ghaziabad
• Luxury Project of the Year- Residential Provence Estate, 2019 by ET NOW Real Estate Awards- Best Luxury Projects
• ‘Best Indian Institutional Project’ – Vallabh Bhawan, 2018 by BUILD 2018 Architecture Awards
• Most Innovative Indian Architectural Design Firm, 2018 by BUILD 2018 Architecture Awards
• ‘Vallabh Bhawan Secretariat- Architectural Design of the Year, 2018’ - Construction Week India Awards 2018
• Top 100 Global Architects, 2018 by BD Online UK
• Featured in AD 50
• ‘Most Innovative Indian Architectural Design Firm, 2018’ - BUILD 2018 Architectural Innovation Awards
• ‘Best Architecture & Urban Design Firm – India & BUILD Excellence Award for Healthcare Projects, 2017’ – BUILD, UK 2017
• ‘APAC Excellence Awards, 2017’ - APAC Insider Magazine
• ‘Achievers’ Honorarium in Architecture and Design’ - Indian Architectural Design Festival
• ‘India’s top 10 Architects’ –Construction World Architect and Builder (CWAB) Awards, 2013
• Certificate of appreciation 2017 – APCRDA IGC 1st place in govt. Institution by National Rose Society of Andhra Pradesh
• Top 100 Global Architects, 2016 by BD Online UK
• ‘Award for Innovation in Institutional Architecture – India’ - BUILD 2016 Architecture Awards
• ‘Best Eco-friendly Indian Institutional project: Gautam Buddha University, 2016’ - BUILD 2016 Architecture Awards
• Best Multi-Disciplinary Architecture & Engineering Firm & Best Sustainable Campus of Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida, 2016 by Build News, London, UK
• ‘Outstanding Concrete Structure of Western Uttar Pradesh, 2013 – Gautam Buddha University’ by Indian Concrete Institute, Western Uttar Pradesh Centre
• ‘Architect of the Year – North’ - Indian Property Award 2015
• Architect of Sustainable Design Project: Eldeco Ananda, 2015 by Estrada Real Estate Awards, Singapore
• Real Estate Awards 2013 – for Architectural Firm of the Year (North India) by Brands Academy
• Real Estate Award 2012 – for Best Architecture Firm of the Year by Real Estate Award
• ‘Best Architecture Firm India’ - IDE Award 2012
• ‘Best Architecture Firm of the Year, 2012’ - 5th GIREM Leadership Award 2012
• ‘Best Architects for Residential Building’ - CNBC Awaaz Crisil Real Estate Awards 2007
• Innovative Design for Pathways World School, Aravali Hills, Haryana, 2002 by International Design Share, USA
At CPKA, we pride on nurturing our relations beyond the boundaries of our office environment. The different teams commit themselves ardently towards their projects. With a splendid multi-disciplinary environment, the various expertise such as Research and Design Development, Architectural, Structural, Service and Sustainability Engineering along with Project Management harmonise a culture of understanding, appreciation and learning. This has been one of our core strengths that has worked well even for the Clients who get all services under one roof. We are proud that our team continues to diversify and amplify, bringing distinguished landmark projects to fuition.